Anxiety is considered a normal emotion—it is the brain’s way of reacting to stress and alerting you of any potential danger. Occasional anxiety is also considered normal. However, if you experience excessive, intense, and persistent worry, it is likely that you have anxiety disorder.
One of the most common worries people have is dental anxiety. Some are especially anxious of treatments like dental implant procedure. Even if dental implant procedure has been proven safe, some people still experience intense fear just thinking about it. If you have severe anxiety, it is ideal that you talk to your doctor about it.
Ease Your Anxiety with These Morning Routines
Aside from visiting your doctor, there are also other ways you can ease and manage your anxious feelings. Below are some of the morning routines you can incorporate in your day to help you relax and manage your anxiety:
Wake up early.
Hannah Hepworth, an expert in natural anxiety relief recommends waking up early so you will have ample time to get where you need to go rather than rushing and yelling as you go through your day. Also, when you wake up early, you will have more time to focus on self-care and other activities that can help you relax.
According to an article published in Harvard Medical School, “mindfulness meditation can help ease psychological stresses like depression, anxiety, and pain.” Those who have made meditation a regular part of their day report they have experienced more clarity, less anxiety, and overall increased happiness.
Take a cold shower.
The science behind cold exposure is not new. Cold shower is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy that offers many health benefits including improving circulation and treating anxiety and depression. A cold shower also helps the body’s natural cells to heal itself while promoting metabolic processes at the same time.
Ideally you need to take a cold shower for 2 to 3 minutes once or twice daily. This should be preceded by a 5-minute gradual adaptation to the temperature. Taking a cold shower can also increase blood circulation, strengthen the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, and help the body eliminate toxins and wastes.
This powerful practice has been utilized by billionaires, monks, and stoics to help reduce anxiety and make them appreciate life all the more. Some gratitude researchers also maintain that practicing gratitude daily can reduce depression and anxiety significantly.
For many, journaling is one of the cornerstone habits that can change your life dramatically. Journaling will create a vessel for resilience and clarity. It also has the power to turn your anxious ruminations to empowered actions. Journaling will also give you a clear insight into your inner dialogue.
Some of the ways journaling can change your life include:
- Reduces your anxiety and feeling of overwhelm
- Helps you work through life-changing decisions
- Gives you insight into your thinking patterns
- Helps unhinge anchors in your mind and opens space for more growth and creativity
Perform your morning three.
Your morning three includes the following:
- State at least three affirmations each morning to help put you in a charged and empowered state. While it can seem hokey, it is very beneficial to your mental state.
- What you get to enjoy today. When you start your day thinking about what you will enjoy, you will put your mind in a positive mode and you will trigger your brain to see the great things the day brings.
- Daily intentions. Start each day out with an intention. Whether it’s something as simple as “I will see the beauty in everything,” or “I will be present today,” it doesn’t really matter. The bottom line is to set daily intentions can be extremely helpful in lowering your anxiety.