What is carpal tunnel syndrome? It’s a problem that takes place while the middle nerve that runs from the forearm into the palm turns constricted at the wrist. This can lead to discomfort, lack of sensation, and weakness in the fingers, wrists, and arms. It’s a kind of entrapment neuropathy wherein a peripheral nerve is pushed or compressed.
How Can We Make Out That We Are Going to Suffer Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Here are some early warning symptoms that you may feel before having carpal tunnel syndrome in Chicago:
- Itchy palms
- Not able to make a fist
- Symptoms becoming worse at night
- Tingling or burning sensations in the thumb, ring, middle, or index fingers.
- Stiff fingers
- Shock-like sensations
- Changes in the skin tone of the affected hand
- Difficulty to grab things
Other symptoms include:
- Discomfort and itchiness that extends past the elbow to the shoulder. This is quite uncommon.
- Feeling a sensation of swollen fingers even if minor or no swelling is evident.
- Discomfort and itchiness that extends to the complete hand or up to the forearm and wrist.
- Not able to figure out between cold or hot touch. It happens in numerous cases.
What Leads to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
This is a significant medical problem caused by numerous factors that strain the middle nerve and tendons in the carpal tunnel. These include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Recurrent utilization of vibrating hand tools
- Underactive thyroid gland
- Overactive pituitary gland
- Mechanical issues in the wrist joint
- Fluid retention at the time of menopause or pregnancy
Driving, reading, typing, and holding a phone are factors that might aggravate the symptoms associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Read more to get an in-depth insight into carpal tunnel syndrome
How A Medical Expert Diagnoses Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is usually diagnosed or analyzed with a medical history and physical test. In the physical test, a physician might tap on or press on the wrist or ask you to hold your hands in such a manner that can worsen signs of carpal tunnel syndrome. The medical tests that might be employed to analyze carpal tunnel syndrome can be electromyography or nerve conduction studies.
We expect that you found the above info useful. If you are experiencing any carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms, seek the most reputed pain management clinics treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome.