Breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures in the world.
However, if someone is looking for improving the appearance of their breast, they should also consider having a breast lift at the same time of breast augmentation.
Yes, a combined surgery of breast augmentation and breast lift has several benefits too.
A breast lift, or mastopexy, raises and firms breasts. It does this by taking out surplus skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to support and reshape the new breast contour.
Thus a breast lift surgery Coffs Harbour at PCLS Coffs Harbour, for example,is a desirable option for women whose breasts are droopy along with being smaller than they want them to be.
On the other hand, breast augmentation or enhancement is a procedure that enlarges and increases the size of breast by using implants. Implants may be of saline, silicone or cohesive gel.
A combination of breast lift and breast augmentation thus can rejuvenate your figure and offer you a more youthful look.
However, it’s your surgeon who can best decide whether you can opt for the combination or only one of these procedures.
Are You the Best Candidate?
A skilled surgeon will conduct your complete examination and give you a thorough consultation which is very important. There are still some factors that you can discuss with your doctor.
You can be a good candidate if:
- Heredity, aging and/or overall health are causing sagging and smaller breast size
- Your skin quality is poor, you have stretch marks, low-resting nipples, excessively sagging skin or disengagement between skin, chest wall and gland (in these cases, a breast lift is the best option to achieve the best aesthetic outcome. Although most women, who suffer from these conditions, are older, some young women may also have them.)
- You’ve dealt with obesity in the past
- You’re more than 40 years of age, have had multiple pregnancies and/or have breastfed
Exceptional Benefits of Combination Surgery
By combining breast lift and breast augmentation surgeries, you can get several outstanding benefits, such as:
- Having two or more surgeries at a time is less expensive than having them separately
- Implants help fill out breast to improve its overall look so that less lifting may be required
- There is less removal of skin and less scarring
- Combining the two surgeries can help reduce downtime, recovery time, pain and other issues
Is it Safe to Undergo a Combination Surgery?
Although there is some amount of risk involved in any surgical procedure, breast lift and breast augmentation are typically considered safe.
Breast augmentation is being done for so many decades and several studies are available that document the safety of this procedure.
You don’t have to worry if you are getting the procedures done by a trained and board-certified cosmetic surgeon.
A reputable surgeon uses implants approved by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) which are considered the safest.
All in all, if you’re considering to have either breast lift or breast augmentation, get the combination of the two and you will get the best results before and after breast augmentation in Coffs Harbour.